[Isis-users] J-ISIS release 1-3-3

Jean-Claude Dauphin jc.dauphin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 21:17:47 CET 2020

Dear ISIS Users,

Please find for your consideration the 5 February 2020 J-ISIS release 1.3.3

J-ISIS 1.3.3 Release 5 February 2020
<https://github.com/J-ISIS/J-ISIS/releases/download/v1.3.3/jisis_suite.5.February.2020.zip>

<https://kenai.com/projects/j-isis/downloads/download/jisis_suite%2015%20February%202016%20RC.zip>

   1. Thanks to Werther Ferretti who translated most of the GUI texts to
   Italian. This release includes the Italian translation and then can be turn
   on to Italian as follow:
   edit the jisis_suite.conf file located in the jisis_suite\etc\ folder
   and change the line
   from default_options=".....-J-Duser.language=en -J-Duser.country=EN"
   to default_options=".....-J-Duser.language=it -J-Duser.country=IT"
   2. The recently released Java 9 introduced a new versioning scheme. And
   J-ISIS is checking the Java version which was working fine until Java 8 but
   not for the new Java 9,10,11,12 that use the new version scheme.
   This release solves the problem and can now accept formats such as:
   // 1.8.0_72-ea
   // 9-ea
   // 9
   // 9.0.1

As usual, I would be very grateful if you could take the time to try
J-ISIS. All your comments, suggestions, improvement requests and bug
descriptions are welcome.

Best wishes,

Jean-Claude

PS) I plan to add export from MARC to RDF and RDFa to produce data for the
semantic web and linked data. Please let me know if you have any suggestion
on this matter and how J-ISIS could be improved

--
Jean-Claude Dauphin

jc.dauphin at gmail.com

https://github.com/J-ISIS