[Isis-users] CREACION BASE DE DATOS 2.2.0 XAMPP

Fred Hommersom fred.hommersom at xs4all.nl
Mon Dec 11 20:14:14 CET 2023

Hello Sergio
Excuse me for replying in English.

  * There is a new website for ABCD with the goal to spread ABCD.
    This website contains a forum to ask questions and this forum is
    intended to help any ABCD user.
    The forum link is https://abcd-community.org/forums/
    Hope you will join this forum for follow up questions.
  * In this website you can also find some documentation, although I
    have to admit that we are not yet fully up to date.
    There is still something to do in this area (so sorry)
  * In order to give you hints for your questions I have the following
    for you

ABCD supports two database versions:

  * *Long keys (16/60)*
    Master files (.mst) with records up to 32 Kbytes in size
    Short keys up to 16 characters. Long keys from 17 to 60 characters long.
  * *BIGISIS*
    Master files (.mst) with records up to 1 MB in size
    Short keys?
    Long keys up to 512 characters.

Dependent on your intention you can select either 16/60 or BIGISIS.
(the databases in my organisation are all 16/60, with the largest
containing 120.000 records)

If you start with 16/60 and it appears to be insuffucient you can export
the data to an ISO file and import it in a new bigisis file.

ABCD supports 2 charactersets: ISO (~~ traditional Ascii) and UTF-8
(characters from all kinds of alphabets).
A database has 1 characterset. Each database has its own characterset.

ABCD supports a mix of databases.
For modern installation I would recommend to choose UNICODE=yes (selects
the UTF-8 characterset)

Hope this helps

Regards
Fred