[Isis-users] Compacting database problem

Piet De Keyser piet.dekeyser at ucll.be
Sun Sep 10 14:47:47 CEST 2023

Renate,

I see you are using Unimarc in you cataloguing. The fields 3005 etc. are fields for the leader in your MARC record and should contain some data in form of codes. If you delete them, this information will be lost. Normally you would store this data in some safe dummy fields while exporting, e.g. in the 900 fields you do not use for other data, e.g. 905 for the data from 3005. In you case, it might be difficult to pick such fields because you are already using 918 and 919. When you import the data again you must retag the dummy fields to the real ones again.

Piet de Keyser
Belgium