[Isis-users] ABCD and OAI : any experiences ?

De Smet Egbert egbert.desmet at ua.ac.be
Sun Dec 5 16:44:50 CET 2010

Hi,

I knew this article but thanks nevertheless.
ABCD has an OAI-interface (try the URL : http://localhost:9090/oai) but it seems not to be working anymore (in the output frame the ABCD interface pops up instead of the results) whereas in older versions it worked as reported by someone who tested it.
The idea is that external non-ABCD users can access the ABCD-databases (at least MARC and DBLIL as indeed these are the only ones pre-defined right now) using the standard 'verbs' of OAI without having to deal with ABCD. Results would be sent in either the DC-OAI or the AGRIS-OAI XML-formats.
I am happy Guilda Ascencio reported working on it now herself, making the interface a bit more 'generic' with external configuration files for different formats and more than just selection of records by MFN. OAI was part of the initial requirements by VLIR/UOS in the agreement with BIREME on ABCD...