[Isis-users] CDS-ISIS mailing list archives: progress report

Luciano Ramalho luciano.ramalho at bireme.org
Sun Apr 17 18:25:29 CEST 2011

Today I have split the big mailbox file [1] into the individual
messages sent by Henk to me, containing the message logs of the old
mailing list. The result is at [2] and the small Python script I used
to do it is at [3].

[1] http://ramalho.pro.br/etc/isisarch.zip (38 MB)
[2] http://ramalho.pro.br/etc/isisarch/logs/
[3] https://github.com/ramalho/isarch

Each file linked in [2] contains a full month of messages. The
filenames use the format YYMM.email where YY is the last two digits of
the year and MM is the month.

The monthly logs are easier to manage in any program, but the full
mailbox [1] is easier to copy, so I will keep both formats online, in
addition to other, more human-friendly formats that I will generate
from the logs.

>From the filenames I presume we have logs from June, 1992 to December, 2010.

The next thing I will to is a report with the number of messages per
month, so that we can see if there are any major holes in the archive.

--
Luciano Ramalho
supervisor de desenvolvimento || software development lead