[Isis-users] Fwd: ABCD - patch 1.2beta1 is available for tests

De Smet Egbert egbert.desmet at ua.ac.be
Sun Jan 9 10:27:57 CET 2011

Dear Jussara and ISIS-list users interested in ABCD :
I did some testing of the new version 1.2beta and here are some findings. Since most if not all changes were done in Central, I only tested that part. ABCD is such a feature-rich software that testing all functions of it becomes almost impossible...
First of all some good news : it seems generally this version has less problems than previous versions including 1.1. I will therefore start with some positive remarks before listing some negative ones which fortunately are - except maybe one or two - minor issues like typos in translations.

++ Z39.50 is working again (this was most annoying in operational environments!)
++ deleting users and loanobjects from table-listing again workser
+ after logging out the login screen is shown now again

- - create new policy not working in Loans (and no 'default' policy defined ?!!)
- marc.par : loanobject instead of loanobjects
- reserva.par in bases/par can be deleted
- 'occurrence' (in global changes dialog)
- replace (in global changes) is not working
- task overview using Spanish only (in global changes)
- 'user overdued' (loan transaction in Loans) should be 'user has overdue objects'
- WXIS|fatal error|unavoidable|dbxopen: suspml.cnt (2)| in Loans after returning a book
- suspml.par : error in line suspml.pft=%path_database%suspml/pfts/en/suspml.pft
- Translate Loan help page : The requested URL /central/dbadmin/trad_ayudas_loan.php was not found on this server.
- Translate help page Statistics : no contents are editable
- after editing list of databases : should return to menu_modificardb.php, not to databases_list.php
- 'estado de cuenta del usuario' should not be record-related but displayed once as a feature in iAH, so not in 'shortcut.pft' - and please made language-dependent

I hope meanwhile others have also sent in more feedback even if I didn't see much of it on this list. Latin-America is clearly on holidays... but I hope it is not a bad sign of lower interest in ABCD. With this upcoming new version (with some interesting new features !) we will again have made a good step forwards and end up very close to a fully working software with which I have been able to impress many library-ITers all over the world, including KOHA- and commercial software users.

Happy New Year to you all.