[Isis-users] ABCD Workshop Suriname

Hessels, Peter P.Hessels at kit.nl
Fri May 27 14:04:34 CEST 2011

Dear all,

We had indeed a good training in Suriname. At the end of the training, a CD was handed out to all participants. This CD contains a database (including loans, website and OPAC) in the CarisPlan structure. Last week I assisted in installing this database at the University of the Netherlands Antilles.

It appeared that the is a minor problem in this installation. The symptom is that Apache cannot start because of an error "httpd.exe: could not open error log file c:\ABCD\Apache2.2\logs\error.log. Unable to open error.log".

The problem is that after copying, the folder c:\ABCD\Apache2.2\logs is "read only". If you change that settings for the folder and the files in the folder, the problem is solved.

To correct his problem:
In the windows explorer move to the folder c:\ABCD\Apache2.2 (or D:\ABCD\Apache2.2 if you installed ABCD on the D:-drive)
*         Right-click on the folder "logs"
*         Select option "properties"
*         Deselect the option "read only".
*         Now a new window appears; select the option voor "apply changes to this folder, subfolder en files"
*         Click "OK"

Now your problem is solved and you can start working with ABCD. Enjoy!

Kind regards,

Peter Hessels

KIT - Koninklijk Instituut voor de Tropen/Royal tropical Insititute of the Netherlands