[Isis-users] Library Automation Survey

Breeding, Marshall marshall.breeding at Vanderbilt.Edu
Wed Nov 16 14:36:09 CET 2011

To all libraries and information centers using ABCD or other ISIS products:

I am collecting data for the 2011 Annual Library Automation Perceptions survey.  This survey aims to provide some general measurement of the levels of satisfaction that libraries have with their library automation systems and the organizations that support them. I am aware that many libraries using ISIS software components do so independently without direct involvement of a support firm.  Even in these cases, data regarding the perceived quality and functionality of the automation system would be very helpful.  The survey also probes at the relative level of interest in open source automation systems.

I do hope that all libraries using ISIS related software will respond to the survey.  The survey forms are linked to each library's entry in the lib-web-cats directory, so you will need to submit an entry if your library is not already represented.  As far as I know, there is no official registry of libraries using CDS/ISIS, so this can be a helpful resource in itself.

A strong response will help document the worldwide impact of ABCD and all of the other versions of the CDS/ISIS software.

To participate in the survey, you can start with the instructions given on the current posting on the top page of Library Technology Guides:
  http://www.librarytechnology.org/

Please let me know if you have any questions about the survey.

Best regards,

-marshall

Marshall Breeding
Editor, Library Technology Guides