[Isis-users] ISIS and EXCEL

Deepali Talagala d.talagala at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 05:07:40 CEST 2011

Hi
It was interesting yo read your contributions.  I am using a different
method which may be a long process, but I found it easier. Would like to
share it.

I created a pft given below. I used "none" for the fields in which there may
not be data in all records. Then I printed my database to a word file with
this PFT using the print to file method in WinIsis.  When u have a word file
it is easy convert text to a table.  If you have fifteen fields you have to
create a table with 15 columns.  Then u can copy this table to a excel work
sheet.

Here is my PFT.  Pl. feel free to improve this pft and share it.

  v40/v60/
if p(v300) then (v300+|; |) else if a(v300) then 'none' fi fi/
if p(v310) then mhl,v310 else if a(v310) then 'none' fi fi/
v200^*, ": "v200^o/ if p(v202) then mhl,v202 else if a(v202) then 'none' fi
fi/
if p(v205) then v205 else if a(v205) then 'none' fi fi/
if p(v210) then v210 else if a(v210) then 'none' fi fi/
if p(v260) then v260 else if a(v260) then 'none' fi fi/
if p(v320) then v320 else if a(v320) then 'none' fi fi/
if p(v400) then v400^p": ",v400^n  else if a(v400) then 'none' fi fi/
if p(v440) then v440  else if a(v440) then 'none' fi fi/
if p(v480) then v480  else if a(v480) then 'none' fi fi/
if p(v490) then  "v."v490^v", ", v490^o", ",v490^p"p."  else if a(v490) then
'none' fi fi/
if p(v620) then (v620+|; |) else if a(v490) then 'none' fi fi/

Deepali Talagala
Head/ Library & Information Services
Marga Institute
Sri Lanka

0094 11 2888790/791 (Mobile: 0718260485)