[Isis-users] CISIS + iAH + ABCD – videoconferences

De Smet Egbert egbert.desmet at ua.ac.be
Thu May 17 21:58:56 CEST 2012

Dear colleagues,

I will try to summarize answers to several questions which I got about the online presentations next week in co-operation with BIREME.

Topics
- The ISIS family comprises of several developments and applications, amongst them WinISIS, ABCD, Weblis and more recently ABCD.
- The 4 presentations of next week cover a variety of topics as you can see in the table below. It is not only about ABCD but also about J-ISIS and applications of new technologies using CISIS of BIREME.
- Therefore the presentations can be interesting for all ISIS-users.

Language
- The spoken part of the presentations will be in the language of the presenter, but the slides and demo's will be in English as much as possible. This way also non-Spanish speaking persons will be able to follow.
- The presentation of Friday will be in 'Spanglish'...

Number of invitations
- Due to the number of requests received, we recommend that if there are several persons from the same institution, they would register as one group and the can participate with only one PC conncected

PROGRAM OF THE PRESENTATIONS

All presentations will be broadcasted, from Tuesday 22nd, at 11:00 AM Sao Paulo time.
day    theme                                                                                   presentator              language
Tue    ISIS-OAI-Provider
         Availing ISIS databases with the OAI-PMH protocol                Renato Mursaki
                                                                                                Vinicius Andrade            Spanish
Wed  J-ISIS & Digital Libraries
         Advances and new feautures of J-ISIS                              Jean-Claude Dauphine
                                                                                              Egbert de Smet               English
Thu   iAHx: Una interfaz de búsqueda y recuperación
         a través del Apache Solr/Lucene                                         Renato Mursaki
                                                                                                Vinicius Andrade            Spanish
Fri     ABCD – general introduction, new features                             Guilda Ascencio
                                                                                                  Egbert de Smet           Spanglish

Registering
- to register send a request to : spinaker at adinet.com.uy<mailto:spinaker at adinet.com.uy> specifying name, e-mail, institution and place of work (country)
- you need a PC with audio-equipment and connected to the internet with high bandwith conneciton

Note : today at 14:40 in Montevideo we had already registered institutions from 15 different countries.

Regards

  | |  spinaker at adinet.com.uy<mailto:spinaker at adinet.com.uy>        | |