[Isis-users] J-ISIS for Digital Library

Jean-Claude Dauphin jc.dauphin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 21:31:04 CEST 2013

Hi Bridgette,

1) First you need to use J-ISIS 13 February
2013<https://kenai.com/projects/j-isis/downloads/download/jisis_suite%2013%20February%202013.zip>

2) Have a look to the DL-example database. This will give you an idea on
how you can browse and load documents.

2) For images, you have to solutions:
    a) You can store images in database records (BLOB field type) as in the
PATR database. Using cut and paste for storing the image in the data entry
blob field.

    b) You can store images in the /images folder of the database and put a
HTML link to the image file in the database record. Clicking on the link
will load the image. Have a look to the PATR database, it has both
techniques for storing images.types.

Hope it helps

Best wishes,

Jean-Claude

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 8:31 PM, Bridgette Heron <nlj_bmheron at hotmail.com>wrote:

> **
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am just beginning to use J-ISIS and would like to know if anyone is
> using it for their digital library. We have a digital photograph and
> manuscript collection.
>
> I came across a Data Entry document
> https://kenai.com/projects/j-isis/downloads?page=2&theme=kenai_fpo_com which
> addressed it but it seems to be theoretical as I am not seeing the Data
> Entry options from the document in the J-isis Suite 201207171143  I am
> using.
>
> Any suggestions?
> Bridgette Heron
> CDS/ISIS Field Programmer