[Isis-users] abcd and REDHAT BASED LINUX SYSTEMS

Silva, Asael Costa da (BIR) silvaasa at bireme.ops-oms.org
Thu Aug 29 19:59:32 CEST 2013

Dear bhowa

I would suggest you set htdocs directory rights to 755 or 775 and only the bases directory should have full access (777).

However, the main problems here seems to be of structure and location of those directories.

As far as I am concerned, any application directory cannot be put below root directory due to full access inheritance on the system as a whole, then becoming subject to hacking. In general it is placed below /var/www or /home/www or even /usr/local/www structures.

On the other hand, RedHat based systems usually have the selinux active and therefore disallowing application executable files to run.

I would suggest you to move ABCD directories to a more regular structure and then resetting the Virtual Host in the web server accordingly.

By now I realised the error message informing that those directories have not been found. Notice you should be in the parent directory to use the chmod command on a specific directory and its structure.

best regards

Asael Costa Silva

System Analyst

MTI/RST