[Isis-users] NUEVA VERSION DE ABCD

De Smet Egbert egbert.desmet at ua.ac.be
Wed Jun 12 15:12:34 CEST 2013

Hi, (sorry to reply in English)
last week another round of tests on the new ABCD were performed and some more (but small) errors popped up on which now people are working. I know that we are delaying again (and again..) and some people will lose their patience, but on the other hand it is better to minimize the risks on disappointment later on by taking some more days (not weeks) now. In view of the many added features and possibilities, it will be worth the wait.
What puzzles me is the statement 'ABCD presents some instability in Windows', which is quite different from known smaller bugs. Do you mean real instability, meaning stalling the whole system ? We have only had reports on this based on relatively high concurrent users in cataloging, where Apache can't cope with many intensive indexing requests (like for the MARC21 records with an exaggerated FST for run-time indexing), meaning that it is better to minimize the FST for cataloging and rather use a dedicated FST for OPAC-searching (where there is no stress on the system as the indexing preferably runs as a batch-process e.g. overnight).
Real instabilities would pose a major but also different challenge to the development team, so in that case we need more details about the noted problems.