[Isis-users] where barcode data input in ABCD 1.2 transitional?

De Smet Egbert egbert.desmet at uantwerpen.be
Thu Oct 3 12:21:23 CEST 2013

Barcodes (or other unique identifiers for physical objects) should be entered in the COPIES-database, not the catalog.
However the new version 1.2t also allows the circulation system in a simplified model NOT to use the COPIES-database but put the circulation identifiers (barcode, shelving...) in one of the non-defined fields of the 800-  or 900-range of MARC21.
So in fact you put such data yourself in any field there, also v852. If not present in your FDT you will have to add it in the FDT, FMT and PFT using the interfaces to this end of ABCD.

Beware : when using this simplified model, the 'Advanced Loans' (Empweb) module cannot be used with ABCD, but the standard loans can and only requires you to define in the Configuration part of the circulation module to define (with a simple or more complex PFT statement) the exact source where to take such identification info.
Since I didn't yet get the final version of the new circulation module I couldn't finish the chapter on the manual for circulation but as soon as this is available I can finish the chapter in very short time as most of it is ready.