[Isis-users] JISIS - Default Database and PFT and configuration files

Jean-Claude Dauphin jc.dauphin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 17:17:11 CEST 2014

Hello Giuzzo,

1) It's possible to use "Database"->"Most Recently Used DB"->"CDS", this
will open the server connection as well as the CDS database for example.
This is a 3 clicks steps but I agree that setting the default server and
database so that you get the right DB when you start J-ISIS would be
useful. I will try to implement some kind of 'syspar.par'.

2) But right now, you can change the default PFT format by creating a PFT
called RAW and saving it in the PFT editor. If you want to come back to the
default J-ISIS RAW format, you just need to delete the RAW format from
inside the PFT editor. (See page 29 of the J-ISIS Reference Manual)

I take the opportunity to inform you on the current on-going J-ISIS
developments:

1)  J-ISIS was updated with the latest releases of the 3rd party open
source libraries (Lucene 4.7.0, Berkeley je-5.0.103, Groovy 2.0.0, etc)

2) The server and client logging process has been improved with the
capability to rollover log files. For example,logging is performed to a
file named J-ISIS-log.txt and, once a certain size is met, change its
logging target to another file.The maximum number of files is set to 3
deleting the older file in a circular way.

3) A console J-ISIS database server including the Jetty web server has been
developed. A console client client was also developed to test the server.

4)  Implementation of Authentication and authorization in J-ISIS and
Web-JISIS using the open source Apache Shiro library. Authentication deals
with verifying a user's identity while authorization grants access to
specific databases and to which operations they are allowed to do on this
database.

5) Testing some basic read-only REST Web services that access J-ISIS
database server with HTML5 and JavaSript AngularJS framework.

6) Improvements of Web-JISIS, new Google style search form

7) Articles on how to use J-ISIS database Lucene indexes with SOLR

8) Improvements of the Digital Library feature so that only the metadata
and the urls to the documents are stored in the records. The extracted text
will only be used for indexing.

9) Changing the search result output so that the retrieved records are not
anymore displayed in the MFN order but by relevancy (i.e. most relevant
records displayed first)  but with a toggle button to swith back en forth
between "display in MFN order" and "Most relevant first".

10) Trying to solve some particular issues due to UNICODE

With my best wishes,

Jean-Claude

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 10:29 AM, Giuzzo Barbaro <g.barbaro at mclink.net>wrote:

>  Hi to all Users,
> I need to open JISIS with a default Connection and a specific default
> Database (both on server and clients), to avoid any manual selection.
> How can I modify the configuration files to force JISIS to automatically
> select that database when I start the application?
> And more: Is it possible to select a default specific PFT format (instead
> of RAW)?
> Can anyone please help me?
> Thanks Bye
> Giuzzo Barbaro - Roma (Italy)