[Isis-users] ABCD Ubuntu 64 bit

De Smet Egbert egbert.desmet at uantwerpen.be
Thu Apr 24 11:42:05 CEST 2014

This problem of inconsistencies is fully being worked on. It starts from Ubuntu 12.x, so from 2012, and occurs in any flavour of Linux (also e.g CentOS). The only solution is finding the cause - probably an incompatibility with one of the newer 'libraries' loaded into newer Linux-versions - and providing a new version of the wxis-executable. The problem is really tricky because of the very inconsistent behavior (some of our tests worked well for e.g. up to 10 searches, only showing a problem at trial no. 11, editing a record worked well up to 16 times but not the 17th... etc.). If you can reproduce something weird but consistent, e.g. text entry saved in a scrambled way, please let us know as we would be helped a lot with such more consistently occurring bug.

Believe me, this problem has bothered and worried us to a very high extent. But since ABCD is a collaborative effort of different partners (e.g. dealing with different modules/parts of the system) and this problem relates to the underlying CISIS-utilities, we can only hope soon the cause is identified. The solution most probably will be simple (e.g. just replacing the existing wxis in cgi-bin) and will be overdue by definition but hopefully not too late.