[Isis-users] Data migration from CDS/ISIS to Weblis

Andrew Buxton andrew.buxton at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 23 10:38:36 CET 2014

Dear Lawrence,

This is the information that the Weblis documentation gives:

A-1.2 How to load
records created under the old DOS ISIS software into the new system.
If
you would like to load the records created using the DOS/Win ISIS software into
the new WEBLIS system you should be aware of the following points:
(a)     The structure of the records may be incompatible.
Therefore after you should translate the old records into the new system as
close as possible, then possibly you will have to manually edit the records in
order to transfer some data elements, which may not be in the appropriate new
field. See Annex 2 below for a description of the LIBCAT database.
(b)    Note also that the records in the old
database were not validated, or if so, not with the same validation routines,
as present in the new software; therefore if/when you update old records in the
new system, the new systems validation routines may signal inconsistencies,
errors, etc. in the records with respect to the new systems structure.

 If you want to convert your existing records in CDS/ISIS into the LIBCAT format you will need to export them to an ISO file using a reformatting FST and then re-import them.  Modification by exporting and importing is described in the CDS/ISIS for Windows Handbook, Section 10.7.

Andrew

-----
Andrew Buxton
Lewes, East Sussex, UK