[Isis-users] Locked database error

Piet De Keyser piet.dekeyser at khleuven.be
Thu May 15 22:37:09 CEST 2014

Dear Lawrence,

Your database could be locked as a result of a number of causes, e.g. power failure. You have to do the following:

1. make sure that nobody is entery any data (normally it would be impossible anyway);
2. use the following command directly at your server in order to unlock the database:

retag libcat unlock

First make sure you have put the retag program, which is part of the CISIS utilities, on your server.

3. reindex the database, using the following command

mx libcat fst=@libcat.fst fullinv=libcat now -all

(Of course mx should also be on your server.)

You can find a solution to these kind of problems on my Weblis page:

http://www.personeel.khleuven.be/~pikey/weblis.html

Piet