[Isis-users] [Attachments new ABCD 1.4 beta]

Guilda Ascencio guildaa at gmail.com
Wed May 6 15:25:02 CEST 2015

Renate.

In the inverted file the terms are stored in uppercase non-accented
characters and that's why they cannot be used for dataentry as authority
list.

When ABCD builds an authority list it uses the prefix of the inverted file
for recovering the keys in alphabetic order; with the information of the
posting reads the record for listing the data in its original way. That is
the meaning of the "list as" portion of the format associated with the
authority list.

 As you can see the way that the term is displayed for searching can be
different to  the way it's displayed in the "virtual" authority list
because the format used in "list as" is build according to your needs and
contains all the information you need to identify the entry in the
"virtual" authority list.

You also could have a real authority list in a database separated from the
main database and linked to corresponding field.

This is explained in
http://abcdwiki.net/wiki/es/index.php?title=Control_de_terminolog%C3%ADa:_Listas_de_autoridades

Regards

Guilda