[Isis-users] MX utility

spinaker spinaker at adinet.com.uy
Mon Oct 12 23:25:18 CEST 2015

Dear Bridgette

In first place I want to congratulate you because a database with more
then 140 thousand records is really interesting
By the Way, what kind of library you manage and where is it located?

Ok, let's go to work
Out of curiosity,  how do you get your hit of records, i.e. is the term
'pioj' indexed in any way?
do you extract that term using some sort of FST?

I suppose that your bool=pioj is correct, so the way to do this is:
*
    mx dbase bool=pioj  proc='d.'  copy=dbase now -all tell=1000*

The way to delete the record is copying the process onto the same
database, otherwise the result is only to the console, but has no effect
on the master file
let's note that you cannot export records wiht a proc='d.' because you
cannot create deleted records !!!

then ... please ... backup yuour database before you begin with the
killing !!!

good luck
Ernesto Spinak