[Isis-users] Workshop in Cuenca - English Report

spinaker spinaker at adinet.com.uy
Tue Mar 22 22:25:24 CET 2016

*el informe en castellano se envió en otro mensaje*
Dear colleagues

Last week, 15 to 25 March, we had a new technical meeting of ABCD, where
we can highlight four important points.
In the coming weeks more details of each will be sent, but we now are
advancing these main issues.
At the meeting we had the participation of experts and advanced
programmers in the CISIS / J-ISIS technologies, from Belgium, Bolivia,
Brazil, Cuba, Ecuador, Uruguay and Venezuela.

_version 1.5.1_
This is a very important upgrade, because it incorporates a substantial
amount of features and enhancements that respond to the questions and
requests made throughout 2015.
A summary of the new features are in this page:
http://abcdwiki.net/wiki/es/index.php?title=Taller_Cuenca
a partially translation into _English _version is at:
http://abcdwiki.net/wiki/es/index.php?title=Workshop_Egbert

_Version 2.0beta - ABCD in Unicode_
This version, in addition to work in ANSI and UNICODE, also allows
working with different versions of CISIS: 1660, FFI, BigIsis, which
incorporates similar features to Dspace to manage full text (currently
up to 1MB per record)
Once the beta is consolidated, it will become the official version.
In the course of this year we will begin to give instructions to migrate.
With this version now we have a fifth language, Amharic, using a
non-Latin alphabet.

_ABCD in J-ISIS - Alpha Version_
It is a developing version of ABCD mounted on the J-ISIS library,
indexed with Lucene/Solr, enabling a technological leap of great
importance to ABCD. The architecture and basic features of the project
has taken more than one year of work by a team of technologists in the
UCI of Cuba
_
__RDA and FRBR_
a seminar for RDA cataloging MARC format by Piet de Keyser, showing how
to adapt a MARC database on ABCD. This course will have a separate
report in the coming weeks.

DOWNLOAD VERSIONS
In the coming days it will be announced where to download the new
versions and how to update already installed versions

Regards