[Isis-users] Cuenca Workshop

Oigres Alvarez Pérez oaperez at uci.cu
Wed Mar 23 11:53:29 CET 2016

Dear all,

I am writing my personal experience about my participation in ABCD workshop in Cuenca, Ecuador in March 16-18. The inclusion of RDA in ABCD 2.0, and the support for UTF-8 in the new version was very important features in the software. Sr. Piet de Keyser, presented the new standard, RDA in library today, and some other features presents in OPAC, principally, FRBR. Sr Egber presented the new features present in ABCD 2.0, the implementation of RDA and the changes in component librarys to support UTF- 8 in the system.
Also some librarians of Cuenca University test de ABCD 2.0, that has implemented RDA and those test were successful. Sr. Ernesto Spinak presented a implementation of ODDS, and show us the uses of this new features and the important for end users, that can get some part of materials in digital format if are needed by they using this module. Sra Guilda, show us the new features implemented in ABCD 1.5 and was defended the idea of create a wiki in English for ABCD, and some other courses for facilitate to learn to all user in the world. Sr. Rogelio from Bolivia, presented a very big solution that integrate some libraries from some organizations in your country, that permit the creation of a central catalog that used Vufind to improve integration between all databases and permit fast search. Also ABCD 3.0 videos and architecture was presented and the participants make some recommendation about the OPAC features principally, and the inclusion of database management in the system, in order to not used the JISIS interface for librarian and only has to work with one application.

Best Regards, Oigres