[Isis-users] Fangorn

De Smet Egbert egbert.desmet at uantwerpen.be
Thu Jan 5 11:47:17 CET 2017

Hello,

your request reminds me of the 'good old days'... however Fangorn wasn't that good really from a technical point of view : it was however very useful at that time as it was the only solution available for converting tagged-text (I suppose that is what you mean by 'structured text' ?) to ISO2709 (and CDS/ISIS).
I doubt whether it can still run on any current computer as it uses 16-bits code and in my experience results were rather aleatory.
Meanwhile better tools are available, e.g. in ABCD there is a tool for converting such text-files into ISIS-format (and therefore also ISO2709).
The best tool now I think is the CISIS-utility 'id2i' which requires you to edit a 'control' text-file in which you define the tags. See the CISIS Reference Manual. It runs in both Windows and Linux (32 and 64 bits).