[Isis-users] Fangorn

spinaker spinaker at adinet.com.uy
Thu Jan 5 16:27:49 CET 2017

Werner

let's take your example file to show how you can convert any source file
into a mst/iso file

You sent me the text file which I included as an attachment

Process
Create a gizmo with all labels declared in your source file
in this case, we prepared a text (take care of spaces) to create a gizmo
named glabel

    *NMN |!v001!*
    *DES: |!v002!*
    *DIM: |!v003!*
    *DOBN: |!v004!*
    *DON: |!v005!*
    *LOC: |!v006!*

1) mx seq=labels.txt create=glabel now

2) read the source file into a database
    mx seq=CCH2.txt lw=8000 create=xxx now -all tell=100

3) mxcp xxx create=xxx1 clean   (get rid of extra spaeces and garbage)

4) create an ID text with cisis labels
mx xxx1 gizmo=glabel "pft=if s(v1):'!v001!' then '!ID 000000'/ v1 else
v1 fi/" lw=8000 now > xxx2.txt

5) ID2I xxx2.txt create=final

6) retag your final mst

Result
mfn=     1
   1  «J 2»
   2  «Insignia (cockade) worn by member of German Schutztruppe; round
rosette-shaped; red, white, black»
   5  «Mr Borg, 1956»
   6  «Alte Feste, Store Room»
..
mfn=     2
   1  «J 5 (a, b)»
   2  «Medals û Herero-Land, Gross-Namaland»
   5  «Sergeant-Major A. Bok, 1956»
   6  «Alte Feste, Store Room»
..
mfn=     3