[Isis-users] ABCD as ILS

Piet De Keyser piet.dekeyser at ucll.be
Mon Jan 29 16:57:52 CET 2018

Dear colleagues,

I know ABCD can do wonderful things as a database system, but as a librarian I would also like the following for a modern integrated library software:

(1) a faceted interface, like the one you can see in VuFind and many other search interfaces;
(2) full FRBRizing, i.e. clustering related descriptions, e.a. a first and a revised edition, and presenting a button like "see all versions";
(3) good export facilities to bibliographic programs like EndWeb, Zotero, ProCite;
(4) Z39.50 import facilities from sources you must access by login and password (e.g. OCLC) - provided you do have these (and have payed for them) of course;
(5) advanced authority file facilities, which is important in view of linked data (I very much like the way RIMMF3 can retrieve data directly form Viaf).

Maybe some of these features have already been programmed by some among you. If so, please share them with all of us.

Piet de Keyser
UC Leuven-Limburg
Belgium