[Isis-users] abcd indexing

Egbert De Smet egbert.desmet at uantwerpen.be
Fri Oct 18 16:23:53 CEST 2019

Hello,

you write that the 'full index generation was done successfully' : based on what did you come to that conclusion ? I am asking because an empty index means it was not successfully indexed. That can have several causes :

- your FST has a problem (but unlikely if you didn't change anything against when it was running without problems)

- your database has a problem : it is blocked or one of your records is blocked either by corruption or by being 'locked'.

If you were using the normal ABCD indexing utility (utilities menu, 'full index generation') then you should see the command the utility has created and run. Copy that command and paste and run it into a terminal, if there is a problem you will get more information on the error than running it from within ABCD. But such error should normally result into a message that it was NOT successfully...

Maybe you can send a screenshot ?

If you are not sure about the FST, send us a copy of it.