[Isis-users] copy marc record from another sofware to ABCD

Soraya Ferraz Lima soyferrazlima at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 16:13:02 CEST 2020

Hi Egbert and folks!

Thank you very much for the explanation!
For the record, I think ABCD is excellent software, especially for
librarians who are not afraid to go further as it offers many possibilities
with MX, CGI and other tools.
I used to work with Biblivre and today I see that the "freedom" of software
is not just about the source code.

Thank you again, I will take advantage of the holiday and take a look at
the manual and the tips that I have been given to explore ABCD more.

Em sex., 10 de abr. de 2020 às 04:18, Egbert De Smet <
egbert.desmet em uantwerpen.be> escreveu:

> Hi again,
>

> let me clarify : since real MARC21-records are a special type of ISO2709
> records (in fact MARC is based on that standard), you can import
> MARC-records into ABCD directly. Two issues have to be considered then : 1.
> handling the 'leader' fields (mx has the iso=marc=input.iso and outisotag1=
> parameters for that) and 2. converting the subfield markers to '^' (which
> can be done using a gizmo like Ernesto described). We have a manual on how
> to do this e.g. in the context of converting a KOHA-catalog to ABCD (which
> I did many times).
>
> But your example was a text-dump of a MARC-record, not a MARC-record. That
> is a quite different situation and takes a different solution. otherwise I
> would have pointed you directly to the ISO-import method. The method I
> described, esp. if combined with the gizmo in order to avoid the
> preliminary step of 'replacing' all pipes into circumflexes (^), could be
> done with one command, taking the input file as formatted in your example
> and directly producing the desired output : an ISIS database.
>
> The ISO-import interface in ABCD allows direct upload of a local ISO-file
> to the server, to I don't see the problem there. In version 2.x there is a
> 'tick-box' to indicate whether or not it is about a MARC-ISO file or not.
> How much simpler should it get ?
>

> About Z39.50 : yes, in order to work in ABCD you need to setup the
> 'dynamic extension' for it in php.ini. I found it particularly complicated
> in Windows, because PHP doesn't offer it as a default extension. In Windows
> you have to make sure you have the correct extension (from
> <http://www.indexdata.com>
> https://www.indexdata.com/resources/software/phpyaz/) for the particular
> Microsoft VC-version, 32- or 64-bits, threaded or non-threaded version of
> Apache etc., so compiling it yourself seems to be the safest solution but
> requires quite some steps, described in the 'The ABC of ABCD manual'.
>
> For Linux you can install it like any other extension, and the
> distribution packages (.deb and .rpm) come with a working one provided.
>

> I hope all this helps,
>

> Egbert de Smet
> Universiteit Antwerpen

>>> s1:=(replace(v1,'~','^')),