[Isis-users] copy marc record from another sofware to ABCD

Edwin Hübner edwin.hubner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 19:24:07 CEST 2020

Just to clear, as I understand it. The National Library form Brazil,
unfortunately, does not have  an Z39.50 server. Therefore, this function of
ABCD cannot be used to copy records from the National Library.

Another thing:  The Brazilian software such as Pergamun and Sophia, which
make it possible to copy records from the National Library, do as follows:

1. The National Library’s software  presents the MARC21 record, optionally,
in a text format, according to Soraya's example, that can be copied one by
one.

2. By copying and pasting, the record is pasted into a type of worksheet (a
blank page) and the software  converts it, based on the tags's and subfield
marks, to an internal MARC record, creating a new record in the database.

Regards,

Edwin Hübner
(5521)99647-1675