[Isis-users] ABCD 2.2 update and PHP 5.2.x as prerequisite

Egbert De Smet egbert.desmet at uantwerpen.be
Tue Dec 14 23:02:02 CET 2021

I can confirm that quite some attention has been given, since ABCD 2.1, on deprecated functions in PHP, moving ABCD from PHP5.x to 7.x. But users of ABCD 1.4 (for some reason still (too) many !) cannot count on not seeing any 'notices' while keeping them visible in php.ini. Correct settings of php.ini (e.g. "error_reporting = E_ALL  & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT" and even more drastically simply avoiding such error-messages with "display_errors = Off") can alleviate the problem considerably. Real 'errors' we have tried to capture and remove.

The idea is to start checking these issues in PHP 8.x as soon as we have version 2.2 ready for PHP 7.4.