[Isis-users] Z3950 not working on ABCD2.2 - Linux and Windows 10

Egbert De Smet egbert.desmet at uantwerpen.be
Thu Sep 2 13:56:31 CEST 2021

Renate,

installing yaz in e.g. PHP7.4 is - as usual with yaz, since it is not a default package with PHP - a bit tricky, and there are several ways to do so, most of them not working out-of-the-box, also typically 😉 E.g. using

sudo pecl install yaz

as can be found in instructions online didn't work for me due to all kinds of missing files or errors.

Here is what I did :

1. Add the following lines in your sources.d list (or create a file e.g. yaz.list in that directory) :
    deb https://ftp.indexdata.com/ubuntu focal main
    deb-src https://ftp.indexdata.com/ubuntu focal main
[this will add the repo of the maintainer of php-yaz indexdata to your installation, in principle also guaranteeing following up for future releases]
A one-time-only effort also is to add a key for that repo from your home-directory :
   wget https://ftp.indexdata.com/debian/indexdata.asc
   sudo apt-key add indexdata.asc

2. run the command
   sudo apt-get install php7.4-yaz
and this command should install all necessary files.

3. add in php.ini of your PHP7.x installation (in /etc/php) :
   extension=yaz

4. restart apache with

   sudo service apache2 restart

In my case it added the yaz-module into my PHP7.4 info.php :

[cid:26e4536c-3fbd-4cb5-b4e5-8d1cb6534bc5]

[cid:e88df78c-02c9-42d8-a638-aaa84c5c2fe1]

I tested this successfully on the current GitHub repo-version of ABCD2.2 .

Hope it helps !
We will add such instructions in the final distribution.