[Isis-users] Subir ISO al ABCD

Edwin Hübner edwin.hubner at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 15:30:04 CET 2012

Usted puede encontrar una solución a su problemma en el capítulo 2.2 del
Manual de ADCofABCD

2.2. CISIS
CISIS is the software developed by BIREME to handle ISIS databases from the
Command Line in UNIX/Linux
or DOS/Windows. This sofware has been written in the C-programming language
and hence the name of this
ISIS family member. CISIS mainly exists of a series of 'utilities', i.e.
command-driven executables which
perform all types of functions in ISIS-databases, like creating records,
updating and searching them, updating
the Inverted File, import and export and many other functions, sometimes
unique in the 'ISIS Family', e.g.
joining records from different databases according to common keys, indexing
and searching from different
Inverted Files for one database.
Actually CISIS as a set of utilities contains more than 25 different tools
or executables. As this is not a manual
on CISIS, we will not deal with all of them, but some are worth being
mentioned, certainly also because we will
use them for some off-line functions of ABCD.
2.2.1. The Master / Xross-reference tool : mx
The mx tool is the main CISIS utility, it could easily be baptised as
'CDS/ISIS for the command line', meaning
most things which can be done with (M)asterfiles and (X)rf-files -
therefore 'mx' indeed - with ISIS can also be
done with MX. Just to give an idea we give the list of parameters mx
accepts (as this list is given when invoking
the command in a command-line environment such as the CMD-window in Windows
or a terminal-window in
UNIX/Linux. As one will see, too many parameters are available, meaning mx
is an enormously powerful tool
for ISIS-database management, but it deserves a manual and training in its
own right !
1'classic' refers the technology of ISIS since its introduction in the
1970's up to the introduction of J-ISIS and ISIS/NBP in 2009.
2This behaviour, necessary because of the variable length of records, makes
ISIS less suited for very dynamic databases, such as
transactional applications (loans e.g.).
Introduction
10
A glance at the many parameters show that mx can not only search
ISIS-databases (bool=) but apply on-the-fly
GIZMO (string-substitutions) and ANSI-conversion (ansi=), join fields of
records from different databases but
identified by their IF-entry (join= and jchk=), apply data-entry processes
(proc=) and inverted file operations.
As CISIS comes in several varieties, according to the capacity of the
databases and Inverted File keys intended,
we need to specify that for ABCD we will only use the '16/60' variety of mx
and other CISIS-tools. This can be
verified from the information mx gives when invoked without any parameter
as illustrated :
The most relevant uses of mx in this context of ABCD are :
1. import of ISO-records into an ISIS-database, e.g. the command :
mx iso=myISOrecords.iso create=mydb now -all tell=100
will read the file myISOrecords.iso and create an ISIS database 'mydb'
without waiting for any user-input
('now'ait) and without showing any information on the screen (-all) but
showing progress after every 100
records imported.
Note
In ABCD we use this to import a larger quantity of ISO-records into a
database, as a high number
and therefore long processing time would invoke the time-out of the
web-server to stop the process.
2. index an ISIS-database, e.g. the command :
mx mydb ifupd/create=mydb fst=@mydb.fst stw=@mydb.stw now -all
will create an 'Inverted File' named 'mydb' using the mydb database with
the indexing specifications given in
the FST 'mydb.fst' and omitting the stopwords listed in mydb.stw, again
without interactive mode or output
(now -all).
Note
In ABCD we use this to create an index off-line in case - as is often the
case - the database is r