[Isis-users] MARC - worksheet field 8

Hessels, Peter P.Hessels at kit.nl
Thu May 3 14:33:02 CEST 2012

Dear all,

We are working at the University of the Netherlands Antilles for the libraries of Dutch Caribbean Library Association on setting up ABCD for a number of libraries in the region.
The libraries will be using the MARC databases structure. Two questions come up:

1)    When editing or creating a MARC record, the worksheet for field 8 ("fixed length") does not come up. It gives the message "language material. (a) bk_8.fdt". I have checked the file structure and could see that the file bk_8.fdt is in the file system (in www/bases/marc/def/en). When I open this file in an editor it looks OK to me. What could be wrong?

2)    I want to create a simplified worksheet, having the most common fields on top, the least used fields in a "collapsible" area under these fields. What are the steps to do this?

Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Peter