[Isis-users] ABCD update - we need cooperation in translating new definitions

spinaker spinaker at adinet.com.uy
Wed Oct 3 00:27:39 CEST 2012

*Este mensaje se envió en español por separado*
Dear Colleagues

This October we began to close the different modules that correspond to
the ABCD update
The programming part is very advanced, now we enter the stage of
translation and testing.

Edwin Hubner, from Brazil, has conducted an analysis of the MARC21
database in ABCD, and has prepared a more compact and lighter
implementation, that has been verified and is more practical than the
present version.

We have ready the FDT, worksheets, etc. in Portuguese and we are asking
volunteers to synchronize the versions in Spanish, English and French
based on the model that made Edwin, whom will be given a tutorial that
explains how to do job

The person who offered to collaborate must meet the following conditions

  a) Experience in the use of ABCD
  b) Use ABCD MARC and know well the MARC field definitions
  c) ability to edit FDT files, etc. directly using notepad
  d) Commit to complete the task in two weeks maximum.

Please send your offer to my email. Collaborators will be selected until
Friday and will receive the package in Portuguese along with
instructions in Portuguese or English

  The MARC update task will be coordinated by Edwin Hubner

thanks
Regards