[Isis-users] Global delete

spinaker spinaker at adinet.com.uy
Wed Feb 27 20:30:11 CET 2013

Dear Peter

Piet solution is correct, I'd like to explain his comment

if you give a proc  'd.'  you are deleting the record, but if you give
'd*' you are deleting the fields but not the record
therefore if you create a new master file, you could save void records
but not phyisical deleted record
but you can do a 'd.' if you copy the base onself, like

mx db  test  "proc='if ... then   'd.' fi"  copy=test

regards
Ernesto Spinak